This is topic surely attracts out attention. It starts to get viral on the social media front and I refer this posting from Says – A National Report article was published on 2nd November about “The Assam Rape Festival In India Begins This Week” and went viral, appalling many readers who believed the story. Assam is a state in Northern India.
The article says that men in the state are getting ready to celebrate the annual festival. Every non-married girl age 7-16 will have the chance to flee to safety or get raped.
Madhuban Ahluwalia who heads up the annual festival told reporters why the event is so important beause its a long time tradition in Assam dating back thousands of years. “We rape the evil demons out of the girls, otherwise they will cheat on us and we will be forced to kill them.
The Assam Festival began in 43 BC when Baalkrishan Tamil Nadu raped everyone in his village of Doomdooma. Baalkrishan Tamil Nadu is remembered every year at this event, in fact the trophy given to the man with the most rapes is called “The Baalkrishan”.
Here’s the truth behind it and why it is wrong on every level.
1. “one of the quotes which the article claims to have been said by one 23-year-old Harikrishna Majumdar: “I’m going to get the most rapes this year. I’ve been practicing raping my sister and her friends every day. I will be rape superstar number one! I will get the Baalkrishan prize this year for sure!” I think its the same quote that appeared last year maybe, I am not sure and its a recycled statement.
The post also spark anger and disgust from those on social media sites. Read MORE HERE.
- ‘Assam Rape Festival’: National Report Satire Draws Protests in Indian State (theepochtimes.com)
- The Assam Rape Festival In India Began Last Week (dmhanmation.wordpress.com)
- The Assam Rape Festival In India Begins This Week (nationalreport.net)
- East Indian state fumes at American website’s ‘Assam rape festival’ spoof (vancouverdesi.com)
- ‘The Assam Rape Festival In India Begins This Week (dubemrazzy.wordpress.com)
- Assam Rape Festival: A Satire, A Nation Ridiculed (scepticemia.com)
- Assam journalists demand powerful media council (vancouverdesi.com)
- Yoh! WTF? The Assam Rape Festival In India Begins This Week – National Report | National Report (yohwtf.wordpress.com)
- The Assam Rape Festival? Bollocks! (epiphanyseekerblog.wordpress.com)