For the second time I had an opportunity to attend Iftar or breking of fast after attending the same function last year organised by a NGO group eQurban Resources with the cooperation of a private old folks home Warisan Kaseh Darul Maghfiroh at Sungai Kelambu in Banting, Selangor.
The old folks home is run by Tuan Haji Mushrikin with his own budget. It house old folks who also came voluntarily. Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of city life in a palm estate of Banting, life for the old folks is easy. They can garden during their free times and have no compulsory commitments except to, Allah where the surau is just considered next door to the house.
The iftar was scheduled to be attended by Tan Sri Muhammad Ali Hashim, President of Malay Chamber of Commerce (DPIM) but due to unforeseen circumstances Tan Sri can’t make it. His speech was presented by Vice President Tn Hj Mohd Sahar bin Mat Din who also launch the Majlis Iftar.
Present were invited guest from orphanage and tahfiz students around Banting.
Guest were treated with delicacies comprising of Malay food and this year special was Cendol Bakar Kuala Selangor after the launching of the new look eQurban system, eQos and an album by a nasyid group, Damai.
NOTE: Please visit this blog again for more update related to this post.
Whenever Ramadan approaches every month, there are priorities in most (every) Muslims. Some are actions taken well before Ramadan and some during the fasting month.
1. Those without transport will put aside some allocation to buy tickets for balik kampung during Aidul Fitri celebration. Tickets will be sold out even before the fasting month.
2. Shopping for Raya wear is a must for most since Aidul Fitri is a day when we put up our best dress to mark the success of our soul to overcome hunger by abstaining from consuming food, drinks, sex and whatever that render fasting invalid. Women especially will shop for cloth to tailor made their raya apparels before Ramadan. Or else they will find it hard to find a tailor to cut their dress.
3. What will I have for breaking of fast? Food is aplenty during Ramadan. Bazar Ramadan mushroomed all over the country. Just bring along your money and consumers will be lost of choice.
4. Tarawih is a prayer that is given by Allah only during the Ramadan. Muslims will flock to suraus and mosques to offer their prayer every night after the Isya’ compulsory prayer.
5. Fitrah is compulsory for every Muslim. Fitrah is alms that has been bestowed to all Muslim so they can show that they really succumb to Allah’s order. Fitrah has to be paid per head and the amount is usually compared to the staple food that we eat. However in Malaysia the amount had been fixed according to the price of rice grain.
HAPPY FASTING ALL MUSLIMS
Beginning 10th July 2013, Muslims all over the world will begin fasting because its Ramadhan. Fasting is compulsory and is one of the Pillars of Islam. One has to avoid not only consuming food, liquid or any form of substance from Dawn to sunset but also have to avoid activities that can invalidate the fast.
Fasting is the only pillar of Islam that show a Muslim’s true faith to Allah. This is because only Allah really see whether he/she fast. One can just pretend to be fasting in public but breaks in when in hiding. This is the difference from the other four pillars when others can see what he does.
I would like to wish all Muslims wherever you are, A Happy Ramadan and Happy Fasting for Allah.